Old 02-09-2013, 02:37 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Baz[_3_] Baz[_3_] is offline

Default Kilner jars.

Jeff Layman wrote in
:

::

There are some good ideas. Thanks Jeff.
Not been the best of years for fruit and veg. but there is next year
to look forward to.
I think my world champion chilli with mushrooms and extra garlic with
soya beans is a candidate. Well I like it. I will get some jarred and
see.

Baz
Thanks

One other suggestion. Go round the canned and/or bottled fruit and
veg shelves of a large supermarket or two (maybe a Lidl or Aldi too,
as they often have different ranges to the usual). See what they have
available. If you are growing similar things, or will be next year,
you could try the same thing if anything appeals to you.

I have done that. My favourite is beans, whole or in a pod, canned and
sweetened. I have been told in this group that it has the potential to
harbour nasty bugs. My great aunt(who lives with us and is chief cook) used
to make Kilner jars full of them. Unfortunatly now in her 80's she can't
remember how. She is still the best cook I know.

The chilli sounds interesting, but I think you should be banned from
using a lift after eating it in case some poor soul gets stuck in
there with you!

Funny you should say that.....

Baz