Old 03-09-2013, 03:07 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
News[_2_] News[_2_] is offline

Default Gardeners World

On 03/09/2013 13:06, Jake wrote:
On Tue, 03 Sep 2013 11:38:51 +0100, News
wrote:

Very -1

Trouble is, usenet is much more suited to knockers than praisers. It is
notorious for it IYSWIM

As you totally disagree with me, I take it that you are, in fact,
knocking every GW presenter in history except Monty, whom you are
praising. And you will also be happy to see the decline of bees
because newer gardeners shoot chemicals over everything when the bees
are flying? Indeed, even older gardeners: I've heard "Oh, I never read
instructions. If it's on sale it's ok, innit!"

Quite where you leap to those ridiculous conclusions from, I really
don't know. I disagree with your views of Monty. Full stop. That
doesn't necessarily mean that I subscribe to everything he says, so
don't try and draw any conclusions about the way I feel beyond that.

Whilst the original remark was somewhat tongue in cheek and a repository
for a pun, I believe that in general, people are more likely to express
feelings of dislike on usenet than of like. In the same way that people
in general will more often criticise a company when it cocks up than
they will praise it when it does something right. YMMV.

--
regards
andy