Old 03-09-2013, 06:22 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Kilner jars.

In article ,
On 2013-09-03 16:13:38 +0000, Gary Woods said:

BTW, I can tomatoes using a pressure canner (5 pounds/15 minutes), not for
safety reasons, but because it takes a LOT less electrical energy to do
than heating a big pot of water. Not to mention how long it takes to boil
a big pot of water on one of those pretty "glass top"
stove....erm...cookers.

My grandmother (English, Co. Durham origin) used to talk of a stove,
not a cooker. It was a gas stove, not (to her) a gas cooker. Was that
unusual in UK 60 or so years ago? I really don't know.

No. I always knew of them as stoves, and came from a different
background.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.