Old 05-09-2013, 01:38 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Victoria Conlan[_2_] Victoria Conlan[_2_] is offline

Default Power of supermarkets

Tom Gardner wrote:
So I suspect the stats obscure as much as they
illuminate, and it is always worth remembering
that 37% of statistics are made up on the spot.

In a moment of work-avoidance, I have analysed my last few credit card
bills and come out with the following:

(this is not % of income, this is %age of total credit card bill, so I'm
not sure if this is a good or bad way of taking into account when we have
a low spending month, ie when taking holiday off work)

Transport:- May:35% June:60% Jul:39% Aug:57%
Groceries:- May:39% June:25% Jul:22% Aug:23%
Going out:- May: 9% June:13% Jul: 6% Aug: 3%
House/Gdn:- May:12% June: 2% Jul: 7% Aug:15%
Other :- May: 5% June: 0 Jul:26% Aug: 2%

Childcare is not included, because that comes direct off salary, and is
a fixed amount of around 15% of income/month, even though the actual amount
is varied, if that makes sense.

So basically, other thn May which seems to have been a bit grocery-heavy
for some reason (which possibly means it included something non-grocery
on a supermarket shop, such as grow bags or something similar), my travel
costs far outweigh my food costs.