Old 05-09-2013, 05:06 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Corporal Jones[_2_] Corporal Jones[_2_] is offline

Default Caterpillars

I have had an abundance of caterpillars in the garden this year eating
everything in sight but even I could not hurt this one.
A 3" long Elephant hawk moth caterpillar crawled across the drive whilst
I was cutting the front garden hedge, picked it up and it's trunk
retracted just leaving two apparent large eyes looking at me with a
sympatheticlook.
Took it across the drive and let it go on its way (probably to my Fuchsias).

Barry