Old 08-09-2013, 12:50 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
'Mike'[_4_] 'Mike'[_4_] is offline

Default OT I've been baned from Tesco

Are you going to 'sit corrected' about the spelling in the Subject heading?
;-)

It's a wonder none of the experts have picked it up, or have they and I have
missed it?

Mike

"Dave Liquorice" wrote in message
ll.co.uk...

On Sun, 08 Sep 2013 11:37:32 +0100, David Hill wrote:

I really don't know what you are blathering about.
I suspect from your reply that English is more my first language than it
is yours. "I was at Tesco" says I was at the site of their store, car
park and all, "In Tesco" says I was inside the store.

Precisely. The comment "I didn't know they let dogs into Tesco." is
not accurate when the orginal statement is "I was at Tesco ...". The
latter could be inside the store but equally outside, it is not
specific.

As for Seeing dogs, I have to assume that you are talking about dogs
that help those with impaired vision, at least you didn't refer to them
as "Blind" dogs.
In the UK we have Guide dogs for the blind,.

I sit corrected I thought they had been "rebranded" a number of years
ago.

We are both half wrong from their website "Guide Dogs is a working
name of The Guide Dogs for the Blind Association."
--
Cheers
Dave.