Old 08-09-2013, 01:20 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
David Hill David Hill is offline

Default OT I've been baned from Tesco

On 08/09/2013 12:40, Dave Liquorice wrote:
As for Seeing dogs, I have to assume that you are talking about dogs
that help those with impaired vision, at least you didn't refer to them
as "Blind" dogs.
In the UK we have Guide dogs for the blind,.

I sit corrected I thought they had been "rebranded" a number of years
ago.

We are both half wrong from their website "Guide Dogs is a working
name of The Guide Dogs for the Blind Association."

I was talking about "Guide dogs for the blind" as being Guide dogs for
Blind people, though they are also used by people with restricted vision
as well as Blind .
Not the training and fund raising body which is The Guide Dogs for the
Blind Association."
I worked for over 10 years as a Mobility officer for Blind and partially
sighted people, and worked with several Guide Dog instructors as well as
having had some training at their training centre at Exeter. I also had
a blind colleague who was a guide dog user as well, so I do have some
knowledge of the subject.