Old 08-09-2013, 04:34 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Corporal Jones[_2_] Corporal Jones[_2_] is offline

Default Eucalyptus

On 08/09/2013 16:14, stuart noble wrote:
On 08/09/2013 14:47, Charlie2 wrote:
I have a Eucalyptus (er indoors choice not mine) its about 3 yrs old
around 5inch girth and centre grew up 12ft with other side branches
around 6ft.
Ladder job to cut the main centre branch and one side branch all done
last week beginning Sept. Now heard I could have made it more
manageable as a bush form just pruning vigorous branches off to keep the
growth in check.
Can I do it with this by cutting the trunk down to 4feet and training
new growth or is it too late?.
Many thanks.

I'm sitting here looking at a 60 ft version in next door's garden. I
remember the guy planting it when it was 6" high. Get rid of it while
you still can!

+1... I made that mistake and planted one on my patio and within three
years had to cut it down as it was easily 12', had to wait for the
pigeons to vacate their nest first.
Cut it down or buy a few Koala bears.

Barry