Old 08-09-2013, 04:42 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Sterilizing Kilner jars

On 08/09/13 15:44, Nick Maclaren wrote:
In article ,
Tom Gardner wrote:

I forgot to say "Thank you" for posting that data.

You're welcome - it was my pleasure to re-acquaint
myself with the book. Things like using a trivet (in a
saucepan of hot water) to keep the glass off the
bottom, but if you don't have a trivet then you can
use rolled up newspaper. Really appeals to the "this
is what you are trying to achieve; you can do it via
conventional and unconventional mechanisms" that I
see in the best engineering.

Must try and make some sauerkraut...
(Keep the cabbage at 21C-27C for 2-3 weeks; rats - should
have done it last month!)