Old 09-09-2013, 08:29 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default datura

In article ,
Martin Brown wrote:
On 07/09/2013 20:48, Nick Maclaren wrote:
In article ,
David Hill wrote:

Not British but has some of our plants
http://listverse.com/2011/07/02/top-...will-kill-you/

It's crap. Sorry, but that's all I can say. There are FAR more
lethal plants around, though none can grow out of the tropics,
and most of those aren't a problem unless you are insane enough
to eat significant quantities.

I think it has been weighted by the chances of American children eating
them as well. In terms of total economic impact the ones that have
mastered organofluorine chemistry like Dichapetalum are hard to beat.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dichapetalum_cymosum

I stand corrected. That's only sub-tropical :-)

Euphorbia virosa is high on my list of plants I have grown that require
very careful handling to avoid injury. Its sap pressure is sufficient to
send fine threads of toxic caustic 3 feet into the air if you damage the
skin. Goggles essential when handling it face mask advisable.

You're bonkers!

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.