Old 09-09-2013, 02:03 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Farm1[_4_] Farm1[_4_] is offline

Default Eucalyptus

"Charlie2" wrote in message

I have a Eucalyptus (er indoors choice not mine) its about 3 yrs old
around 5inch girth and centre grew up 12ft with other side branches
around 6ft.
Ladder job to cut the main centre branch and one side branch all done
last week beginning Sept. Now heard I could have made it more
manageable as a bush form just pruning vigorous branches off to keep the
growth in check.
Can I do it with this by cutting the trunk down to 4feet and training
new growth or is it too late?.
Many thanks.

You dont say what sort of eucalypt it is, but generally, you can cut it off
at the ankles or anywhere in between that and 60 ft up and it'll resprout
new growth and regrow lushly.