Old 09-09-2013, 10:38 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
David Hill David Hill is offline

Default OT I've been baned from Tesco

On 09/09/2013 10:13, Dave Liquorice wrote:
On Sun, 08 Sep 2013 13:20:22 +0100, David Hill wrote:

In the UK we have Guide dogs for the blind,.

I sit corrected I thought they had been "rebranded" a number of

years
ago.

We are both half wrong from their website "Guide Dogs is a working
name of The Guide Dogs for the Blind Association."

I was talking about "Guide dogs for the blind" as being Guide dogs for
Blind people, though they are also used by people with restricted vision
as well as Blind .

Which is presumably why they have been rebranded as just "Guide
Dogs". There are also dogs that guide humans in other ways as well
not just those with restricted vision. The wording on signage that
prohibits dogs but allows "guide dogs" doesn't have "for the blind"
appended.

These are referred to as assistance dogs and have come together as
Assistance Dogs (UK)
http://www.assistancedogs.org.uk/
Re the "Re-branding" of Guide dogs.
© The Guide Dogs for the Blind Association 2013.
Guide Dogs is a working name of The Guide Dogs for the Blind
Association. Registered Office: Hillfields, Burghfield Common, Reading,
Berkshire RG7 3YG. A company limited by guarantee registered in England
and Wales (291646) and a charity registered in England and Wales
(209617) and Scotland (SC038979)
Tel: 0118 983 5555 Email: Website:
www.guidedogs.org.uk