Old 09-09-2013, 06:33 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Bob Hobden Bob Hobden is offline

Default What the hell is wrong with this group?

"David Hill" wrote

I post a joke,
Baz posts a question about Kilner jars
and many more items are posted and almost instantly a group of Pedants jump
on the topic and start a diatribe.
For Gods sake people Lighten Up.
This is a Gardening group not a Political correctness group.

Yes I did notice that but it's happened since this Ng was founded. I myself
got into some hot water years ago when I first subscribed and quickly learnt
to be careful what I get sucked into.
Gardening by it's very nature can have lots of correct answers for many
questions so arguments do and will happen, one just has to accept that.
Unfortunately, over the years, some knowledgeable members have gone from the
Ng because they could not accept being told they were wrong, which is sad.
None of us know it all or get it all correct and seldom a week goes by
without me adding to my knowledge.

Personally I think we are still OK here, unlike a lot of Usenet, and
certainly still do share our collective extensive experience/knowledge with
anyone that asks. Long may that continue.

--
Regards. Bob Hobden.