Old 09-09-2013, 07:58 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Baz[_3_] Baz[_3_] is offline

Default What the hell is wrong with this group?

Sacha wrote in
:

On 2013-09-09 17:47:35 +0100, Gary Woods said:

Sacha wrote:

But if it
were to be a moderated group, it might be better to start a new one,
imo.

Moderated groups tend to be kind of sterile, which goes against what
we gardeners hope for.... pointless arguments will always be with
us* visit any pub in any country- and using your reader's "ignore
thread" and killfile features helps a lot.

IMHO, there's nothing wrong with this group.

*See Cleese et al.

I agree. My own view is that this is a real treasure trove of
information for gardening at every level and all of us can receive
help and learn from others all the time. And I know there are people
who lurk and don't post and they'd miss out in a moderated group. The
persistent troll, or the occasional idiot that wanders in, don't
detract from the overall value of urg, imo. But quibbles about
spelling and grammar would be better left at the door, again imo only,
of course. Plenty of people are dyslexic to a greater or lesser degree
and really should not be dissuaded from posting here because someone
persists in objecting to errors. While sometimes it's necessary to
correct the spelling of plant names for the sake of good information,
the rest should be overlooked.

I agree.
And I like your creative spelling of Dislexick.:-)

Baz