Old 09-09-2013, 11:16 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha[_11_] Sacha[_11_] is offline

Default OT I've been baned from Tesco

On 2013-09-09 22:41:04 +0100, Dave Liquorice said:

NOBODY has the time to count indentation marks, surely!

Far better to remove all attribution than have pages of badly
formatted line wrapped attributions to scroll through hiding the
quotes.

Dave, when I first joined this group about 15 or 16 years ago, I got
shouted at very, very loudly for not snipping enough or doing it badly
and thus messing up attributions. That happened more than once until I
cleaned up my act. I was absolutely new to the whole newsgroup thing
and very nearly gave up at that point. But as I felt I needed help
(being newly arrived in England and with a garden that needed taming) I
persisted, learned to snip and tried to ensure I was attributing
correctly. It's not very hard, though it takes a tiny amount of
concentration at the time and indeed, any of us can get it wrong. But
while, most of the time, it doesn't matter at all, it can be very
galling to see views or beliefs to which one is diametrically opposed,
attributed to one's name! It is equally embarrassing to see someone's
else's brilliant answer to a tricky question, given under the wrong
name. Perhaps this isn't a subject worth pursuing too far, however?
--

Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.com