Old 10-09-2013, 10:43 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
S Viemeister[_2_] S Viemeister[_2_] is offline

Default Sterilizing Kilner jars

On 9/10/2013 5:30 AM, Martin wrote:
On Mon, 09 Sep 2013 19:22:31 -0400, S Viemeister
wrote:

On 9/9/2013 4:01 PM, Martin wrote:
On Mon, 9 Sep 2013 18:07:35 +0100, Janet wrote:

If I DO want the PC to depressurise quickly, I take it off the heat
and slip a knife point through the ring on the weight and tilt it,
which releases steam fast. Once it stops hissing you lift off the weight
and can open the lid.

I use a fork or put the pressure cooker in the sink and run cold water
over it.

My doesn't have weights, but it does have a quick-release setting.

Our current pressure cooker is a Fagor bought in Lidl. It doesn't have
weights either. For decades we used a Prestige, which does use
weights.

Mine is also a Fagor, bought in Costco.