Old 10-09-2013, 05:22 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
S Viemeister[_2_] S Viemeister[_2_] is offline

Default Sterilizing Kilner jars

On 9/10/2013 12:14 PM, Martin wrote:
On Tue, 10 Sep 2013 12:09:20 +0100, Martin Brown
I have distant recollections of conical fountains of scalding soup
flying up into the air plastering the kitchen ceiling and bouncing all
over at my aunts. They are fine if used correctly but there is scope for
considerable excitement if you make a mistake at high pressure.

ISTR some kind of emergency pressure release system triggered on it.

Usually caused by overfilling the pressure cooker.

My mother acquired her pressure cooker from a neighbour, after the
neighbour's kitchen suffered a major eruption of pea soup.