Old 10-09-2013, 05:27 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
'Mike'[_4_] 'Mike'[_4_] is offline

Default Sterilizing Kilner jars

Somebody said ....

""ISTR some kind of emergency pressure release system triggered on it.""

A little valve which had to be replaced every so often.

Our Prestige Pressure Cooker had so much use in the early days that it
developed a rounded bottom and rocked on the cooker.

Nothing to do with gardening I know, but I thought I would join in :-)

(Not a moderated forum yet is it?)

Mike

"Martin" wrote in message

On Tue, 10 Sep 2013 12:09:20 +0100, Martin Brown
wrote:

I have distant recollections of conical fountains of scalding soup
flying up into the air plastering the kitchen ceiling and bouncing all
over at my aunts. They are fine if used correctly but there is scope for
considerable excitement if you make a mistake at high pressure.

ISTR some kind of emergency pressure release system triggered on it.

Usually caused by overfilling the pressure cooker.
--

Martin in Zuid Holland