Old 11-09-2013, 08:27 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Peter James[_6_] Peter James[_6_] is offline

Default What the hell is wrong with this group?

David Hill wrote:

I post a joke,
Baz posts a question about Kilner jars
and many more items are posted and almost instantly a group of Pedants
jump on the topic and start a diatribe.
For Gods sake people Lighten Up.
This is a Gardening group not a Political correctness group.

I find this to be a very knowledgeable group with a high tolerance
factor. In comparison with some of the religious or political groups
this is nirvana.
I lurk a lot and post a little.

I do agree that Usenet is slowly but surely disappearing and migrating
to various forums and I deplore that. A few years ago Usenet was the
place that solved all sorts of computer related problems for me, with
serious respondents generous with their time and knowledge. Maybe those
times have gone, but this group is still OK.

Peter

--
-
The e-mail address obviously doesn't exist. If it's essential