Old 12-09-2013, 02:02 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
[email protected] damduck-egg@yahoo.co.uk is offline

Default OT I've been baned from Tesco

On Mon, 9 Sep 2013 17:53:07 +0100, Janet wrote:

I am feeling particularly p*ssed off as out combi boiler has been broken
for almost a week, so I am smelly and my hair could be used to fry
chips!

Oh dear, how sad. Can people not improvise thses days?

What's wrong with the wash basin/kitchen sink and kettle for hot
water? Or if the kettle is bust as well (implying no gas or
electricity supply, so pans no good either) the hose pipe filled with
water and laid out in the sun for a few hours, then drained into a
bucket to take indoors. That'll at least take the chill off it.

Finally cold water is just "bracing". B-)

That is exactly what we have to do. But sadly I threw out the tin bath a
couple of years back.

Plastic washing up bowl is cheap and works as well. Stand in it for
all over wash; then wash hair.

I got some strange looks when I did something similar on the deck of a
boat as I needed to soak a bit more than a shower would allow.
But I was stood in a wheelie bin.
G.Harman