Old 12-09-2013, 08:44 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Martin Brown Martin Brown is offline

Default WEED KILLER

On 12/09/2013 17:18, leslie wrote:
HELLO , can anybody help with my problem
I HAVE , splashed some Roundup on my potatoes
And the hauls are now brown and dead

Are you sure it wasn't blight that did for them?

THE POTATOES are they safe to eat or be destroyed
THE weed killer knocks just about everything in its path

I would probably have chopped them down and harvested immediately after
accidentally spraying them. It is a systemic weedkiller so after a
couple of weeks it has translocated throughout the plant.

Personally I wouldn't be too bothered about a trace of glyphosate in the
crop - I'd be much more wary of the surfactants. YMMV

Unless you are a green plant or a mosquito glyphosate is not all that
dangerous. But you should be more careful applying pesticides.

--
Regards,
Martin Brown