Old 28-02-2003, 05:39 PM
SugarChile

Default spreading composte

I use a wheelbarrow to trundle it to the bed, then either dump and spread if
there's room to work, or shovel it around individual plants if there's room
to work.

Why are you removing the bark chips? If you don't like the look, you can
cover them with compost and they will biodegrade (rot) over time.

Sue

Zone 6, Southcentral PA

"city usa" wrote in message
m...
I want to remove the bark chips from my gardens and replace them with
compost. I usually get it by the trailer full and wonder if anyone has
found and easy way to spread it. I used a five gallon pail last year and
seemed to take for ever. I know there is a commercial blower, but it

cannot
be rented and the cost to have it applied is quite high.

Thanks

--
Harold Veeder