Old 13-09-2013, 05:13 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha[_11_] Sacha[_11_] is offline

Default Peter Seabrook on Friday night's garden programmes

He's certainly pulling no punches in Horticulture Week and without
naming the programmes itself, has commented on his horror at some of
the advice given and the plants shown, plus a very expensive new
greenhouse when there was one in situ already. I think it would be
fair to say that he's unimpressed and has just about reached the end of
his professional rope with the standard currently prevailing. His
advice for watching is turn the sound down. Unfortunately, nobody
seems prepared to listen to dissatisfied gardeners and judging from
this group alone, there are quite a few about. I believe overall
viewing figures for GW are between 2 and 2.5 million.

I really do like Mr Don's 'big' programmes, presenting gardens in
different parts of the world and I think he does those very well, but
I'm afraid GW has lost all interest for us. We do turn it on most weeks
but usually, one or both of us fall asleep before it's over. I do wish
they'd get someone like Roy Lancaster onto the presenting - so much
knowledge, talent, abillity and it's not reaching enough people new to
gardening. And of course, he's not the only one.
--

Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.com