Old 15-09-2013, 02:36 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Snag's Shop Snag's Shop is offline

Default Technical boy type input sought

Farm1 wrote:
I want to buy a garden mulcher. I have in mind a big powerful brute
of a thing that I can use without calling for male muscle power to
start it by pulling the start cord or needing help from Him in the
His Shed to help move around the garden.

That means it must operate by electricity (and I do have hugely long
power cords and external power points) and it must have wheels and be
tiltable and moveable a bit like a wheelbarrow.

I want to shred general garden crud for composting or putting in the
chook run for them to turn and poop on and I also need to shred
branches up to perhaps 3 inches across. Of course I have no idea
whatsoever of what size motor I need or any of the techie type stuff
I should know or think about before buying.

Him in His Shed will not be helpful in providing any answers as it's
not one of the things HE would want to buy. I won't be using his
money so need some neutral male (or techie female) input.

Any comments on the following ones I'm looking at?:
http://tinyurl.com/nx8laqw
http://tinyurl.com/lh9qzef
http://tinyurl.com/lth73ay

And if none of these appeal, what should I be asking/thinking about
please?

The 2nd one has the most power at 20 hp vs the others 7 - but not the
highest price . I think I'd be researching that one , customer reviews etc .
More power means you don't have to work it as close to it's full capacity ,
and unless the motor is complete junk it should last longer .
--
Snag
out in