Old 14-09-2013, 11:32 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Sterilizing Kilner jars

"Tom Gardner" wrote in message
On 12/09/13 23:01, Christina Websell wrote:
If I use Kilner jars for bottling, I sterilise them in my oven. Haven't
died of botulism yet.

Ah, but you're a skewed sample: the people that have
died of botulism haven't replied to this thread

Alternatively: "and you'll go on saying that until
you have died from botulism"

(For the avoidance of doubt, I'm not taking any
position on the method you use to sterilise them
nor on that method's sufficiency).

Seems to work for me. I wouldn't use sterilising solution (which is good
for winemaking)