Old 15-09-2013, 04:39 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Bob Hobden[_3_] Bob Hobden[_3_] is offline

Default Peter Seabrook on Friday night's garden programmes

"Sacha" wrote

He's certainly pulling no punches in Horticulture Week and without naming
the programmes itself, has commented on his horror at some of the advice
given and the plants shown, plus a very expensive new greenhouse when there
was one in situ already. I think it would be fair to say that he's
unimpressed and has just about reached the end of his professional rope
with the standard currently prevailing. His advice for watching is turn
the sound down. Unfortunately, nobody seems prepared to listen to
dissatisfied gardeners and judging from this group alone, there are quite a
few about. I believe overall viewing figures for GW are between 2 and 2.5
million.

I really do like Mr Don's 'big' programmes, presenting gardens in different
parts of the world and I think he does those very well, but I'm afraid GW
has lost all interest for us. We do turn it on most weeks but usually, one
or both of us fall asleep before it's over. I do wish they'd get someone
like Roy Lancaster onto the presenting - so much knowledge, talent,
abillity and it's not reaching enough people new to gardening. And of
course, he's not the only one.

On Friday he was saying his Sweet Corn didn't do so well, it appeared to be
planted between two tall hedges not in full sun so that was probably the
reason. His greenhouse appears to be in a similar position which I find
strange.
--
Regards. Bob Hobden.