Old 16-09-2013, 02:41 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha[_11_] Sacha[_11_] is offline

Default Strange orchid behaviour?

I have a two stem orchid, a phalaenopsis and one stem appears to be
producing a budding shoot from a leaf node a third of the way up one 2'
stem and it looks as if there might be a bud forming on the very tip of
that original stem. The other seemed to be doing the same at the tip
but it was knocked off. ;-( I'm just letting it get on with it but
wondered if this is normal behaviour for these orchids. All the other
leaf nodes are blank and it's going to look a bit strange when/if it
flowers! The original stems aren't dying back at all, so I've left
well alone.
--

Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.com