Old 17-09-2013, 06:20 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible
songbird[_2_] songbird[_2_] is offline

Default what is the most unusual critter (pics)

songbird wrote:

you'd ever expect to see chasing and eating
grasshoppers?

the movies didn't turn out well (using
zoom i need a tripod), but some pictures did:

http://www.anthive.com/flowers/100_8...er_Hunting.jpg
http://www.anthive.com/flowers/100_8248_Harrier_BB.jpg

i think it could be a juvenile Northern Harrier
(or a Hen Harrier), which are not particularly
rare, but this is the first time we've had one
wandering around the yard for the day.

other tweety pic (we have a lot of blue birds
around this year, i counted about 30 in a tree
yesterday, they're having fun in the north hedge
going after berries lately):

http://www.anthive.com/flowers/100_8237_Blue_Bird.jpg

these turned out nice this year:

http://www.anthive.com/flowers/100_8..._Sunflower.jpg

and i finally got some seedling pictures in a
different folder, but i haven't gotten the links
page set up yet... will add more eventually.

http://www.anthive.com/seedlings/100...e_1st_year.jpg
http://www.anthive.com/seedlings/100_7780_crocus.jpg
http://www.anthive.com/seedlings/100...e_2nd_year.jpg
http://www.anthive.com/seedlings/100...p_2nd_year.jpg