Old 17-09-2013, 05:45 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Spider[_3_] Spider[_3_] is offline

Default Lawn

On 17/09/2013 16:46, Mr Pounder wrote:
Earlier this year you knowledgeable people helped me out with the moss on my
front lawn. Thanks to your advice I now have a really smart looking lawn and
have been complimented.
I understand that the moss is down to poor drainage, will doubtless return
and that spiking the lawn helps.
Question one: If I spike the lawn with my pitch fork regularly will this
sort of prevent most of the moss returning? I can live with a bit.
Question two: When would be the best time to start doing this?
I used Evergreen Complete 4 in 1 last time, it made a terrible mess.

Thanks for any info.

Now is a great time to aerate (spike) your lawn.

--
Spider.
On high ground in SE London