Old 20-09-2013, 02:50 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible
songbird[_2_] songbird[_2_] is offline

Default Drought threatens

Drew Lawson wrote:
How is it that you are using them?
Surface mulch or something else?

surface mulch only.

I had my cucumbers largely taken out by mildew this year (among
other things, they were too close together), so I'm keeping an eye
out for things that tip the balance on fungus.

i would not expect any results for powerdery
mildew as it spreads too easily.

the plants that get powdery mildew around here
are perennial ornamentals that i'm not that
concerned about (they come back each year no
matter what the mildew does). we don't grow
many other veggies/fruits that seem to be
affected by it or by the time they are we're
sick of them anyways so no big loss. it's
like nature's sign that variety is the spice
of life.

songbird