Old 20-09-2013, 05:28 AM posted to rec.gardens

Default Soaker hose

Higgs Boson wrote:
I have these placed in beds all over the garden. Needed some for new
areas. Went to OSH (local homeowners/garden place). Only hose they
carry was so crappy, it split even before using. Tried Home Despot.
Carried same brand.

Decided to revert to previous M.O. : PVC pipe, capped at one end,
other end equipped with hose junction. Small holes punched at
intervals.

Previous endeavour had holes randomly placed; sprayed unevenly.

Resolved to do better.

How engineer holes along 10' length? How many needed for optimum
coverage?

First thought: Alternate holes along opposite sides of pipe. But
at what intervals? Punch holes at wide intervals and then
intersperse if needed?

A lot of work. However, once I bought the fittings (pipe courtesy of
neighbor)
gotta go through with it.

Sigh...

HB

This is going via Timbucktoo. If going to the trouble of buying and laying
the hose, connecting it and punching the holes why not go the whole way and
insert spray jets?