Old 20-09-2013, 03:46 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens
Grenou[_2_] Grenou[_2_] is offline

Default Poppies

"joevan" wrote in message

On Fri, 20 Sep 2013 06:48:09 -0400, joevan
wrote:

On Sun, 15 Sep 2013 19:09:49 +0100, "Grenou" iamhere@mostofthetime
wrote:

Poppies always cheer me up :-)

Grenou

Me too I love the colors and the paper like quality of those beauties.

I just ordered seeds from swollowtail garden

POPPY, CALIFORNIA GOLDEN - 1/8 OUNCE
POPPY, PURPLE GLEAM CALIFORNIA - 1/8 OUNCE
POPPY, ROSE CHIFFON THAI SILK CALIFORNIA - 500 SEEDS
POPPY, SINGLE MIX CALIFORNIA - 1/8 OUNCE
I will start them in peat pots. What do you think

-----

The poppies need a free draining soil, you could add some sand, or fine grit
to the potting compost in the peat pots.
I sprinkle them all over the place then it's a nice surprise to see what
pops up :-)

Grenou