Old 28-02-2003, 05:51 PM
Cereoid+10+

Default Not a lily at all ( What to do with lily question)

The problem is that the so-called "Stargazer Lily' is not a true Lily
(Lilium) nor even in the family Liliaceae as it is presently defined but
rather is the genus Haemanthus in the Amaryllidaceae.

animaux wrote in message
On 28 Feb 2003 14:51:28 GMT, c (TOM KAN PA) wrote:

OK, the Stargazer Lily plant has lost its blooms, and is dropping leaves.

It
will be at least three months 'til I can plant it outside.
What should I do with it in the meanwhile?

Allow it to dry out, remove spent blooms and wait till spring when you can

plant
it. It may not flower again this season, but if kept healthy it will give

you
years of blooms.

Let it rest for now. They force those into bloom in the greenhouse

industry and
that takes enormous energy for the plant to recover.