Old 23-09-2013, 09:25 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Keeping cats out of garden

On 22/09/13 19:42, Tim Watts wrote:
Is there a way?

I'm getting a tad tired of the number of piles of mouldy cat[1] poo
appearing of late.

[1] Almost certain it's a cat - there are sometimes vague attempts to
scratch the ground and bury it, but often not successful. Volume and size is
too small for a fox.

There are 3-4 cats that appear regularly.

I know it's not going to be easy - but I was wondering if there is a
chemical I can spray around the permimeter that is either deeply unpleasant
to cats or makes them regard it as marked territory?

You can get foul/fowl smelling sprays to stop chickens pecking
each other. I have no idea whether it would deter cats etc, but
it might be worth trying.

Now, if you could rig up a trap that directly sprayed them
when they walked past, I doubt they would like it at all!