Old 24-09-2013, 12:30 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Keeping cats out of garden

On 23/09/13 22:51, Tim Watts wrote:
On Monday 23 September 2013 20:54 Mr Pounder wrote in uk.rec.gardening:

Yup, under my wood chippings.
Guess who gets a handful of it when weeding?
My dog don't crap in my neighbour's garden, I see no reason why his vermin
cats should crap in my garden.

+1

People have turned very fascist about dogs pooping in public places and yet
I find cats infinitely more annoying as people digs generally do not come
into my garden, unless invited.

And then there's the whole issue of Toxoplasma Gondii
which modifies rat's behaviour in interesting ways.

And it is estimated that 1/3 of people are infected.

Recent research has also linked toxoplasmosis with attention
deficit hyperactivity disorder, obsessive compulsive
disorder, and schizophrenia. Numerous studies found
a positive correlation between latent toxoplasmosis and
suicidal behavior in humans.

Not a nice by-product of cats - arguable more dangerous
than "dangerous dogs".