Old 24-09-2013, 03:09 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Baz[_3_] Baz[_3_] is offline

Default Extending fruiting on courgettes?

"David.WE.Roberts" wrote in
:

Getting towards the end of the season for courgettes, and the ones I
have in pots seem to be mainly scraggy old leaves which seem to serve
mainly as a refuge for slugs and an umbrella over the new growth.

However there is still a growing point and new buds forming.

I've cleared all the old leaves in the hope that this may encourage
new growth and a few more courgettes.

Has anyone managed to extend the season, or is it all down to day
length, sun, and maximum temperature?

Cheers

Dave R

I think it is as you say all down to day length, sun, and maximum
temperature.

As with all cultivated veg plants IMO.

My new interest in greenhouse growing is a bit iffy. I will give it another
go next year. I am not very optomistic.

Baz