Old 24-09-2013, 06:10 PM
Supaflyguy Supaflyguy is offline
Registered User

I have kept Ensete V and Musa Basjoo for many years now. I bring them both inside in the winter and keep them in a cool spare room with no real direct light. I have also left both plants outside for winter and only the Basjoo survived and since the later suckers so well I always have enough plants to leave some outside and they always survive. Ive also tried wrapping Basjoo up in straw and plastic for the winter so that they get off to a flying start in spring but so far they just rot down to ground level. Im on dry chalky soil down south.