Old 25-09-2013, 01:46 AM posted to rec.gardens
Higgs Boson Higgs Boson is offline

Default So, Calif NG?

ISTR there used to be a NG devoted to So. Calif gardening. I just did a search under All Groups, but did not find. Anybody know/remember such a NG?

It gets awfully quiet on rec.gardens this time of year. Would be nice to schmooze with gardeners just sowing their "winter" crops. Not that I don't love rec.gardens but..

So far I have snow peas racing up the vines. Radishes going gang busters. Which is interesting, because I have always had terrible luck with this easiest, kindergarten-level veg! Trying broccoli again after many years. Also Brussels sprouts. Green onions. Beets. Spinach. Lettuce. Dunno why I am sowing the latter; I never seem to use it. Prefer "chopped" salads. Oh well, can always give to neighbors.

Finished the yellow/gold peppers on the Home Depot vine. Didn't quite amortise the $10.98 I paid for that planter, but whatthehell. However, next year, if I am spared, I will plant a thinner-skinned variety.

Thus endeth the lesson.

HB