Old 25-09-2013, 08:00 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
[email protected] JonH@Underthewagon.net is offline

Default Keeping cats out of garden

On Wed, 25 Sep 2013 18:23:18 +0100, "Gefreiter Krueger"
wrote:

On Wed, 25 Sep 2013 12:47:32 +0100, Allan wrote:

"Gefreiter Krueger" wrote in message news
On Sun, 22 Sep 2013 21:24:26 +0100, Mr Pounder
wrote:

"Tim Watts" wrote in message
Is there a way?

I'm getting a tad tired of the number of piles of mouldy cat[1] poo
appearing of late.

[1] Almost certain it's a cat - there are sometimes vague attempts to
scratch the ground and bury it, but often not successful. Volume and size
is
too small for a fox.

There are 3-4 cats that appear regularly.

I know it's not going to be easy - but I was wondering if there is a
chemical I can spray around the permimeter that is either deeply
unpleasant
to cats or makes them regard it as marked territory?

I don't mind the odd cat, but they are becoming a right pest lately.

I have tried everything and I mean everything in my front garden and
failed.
I now just pick the crap up and chuck it back over the fence into the cat
man's garden. He knows this.
He also knows what I will do to his cats if I get my hands on them whilst
crapping in my garden.
Pepper seemed to work for a while. Good luck.

I have numerous cats as you know, and I don't care what they do in other
people's gardens. In fact I prefer they don't leave it in mine.

If it was possible to train a cat to do so, I'd get them to use the toilet,
and they're not stinking my house out with a litter tray (and prefer to do
it outside anyway).

My next door neighbour but one curses me every time he sees me, but there
is nothing he can do about it, and I like this.

But I think there is something he can do about it. Pick the crap up and chuck it back over the fence into your garden.

He'd have to have a good throwing arm. Next door BUT ONE.

I use a hoe, thus getting more mechanical advantage and subsequently,
range. Works for snails too.

Regards
JonH