Old 26-09-2013, 05:53 AM posted to rec.gardens
songbird[_2_] songbird[_2_] is offline

Default So, Calif NG?

Higgs Boson wrote:
I always wanted to visit the UP. Sounds like it's still somewhat "wild".
Ever been there?

i lived in Houghton-Hancock for 15 years.

parts of the UP are still very wild. i've
fished many of the rivers up there. now i
would not live there again as the snow and
cold can hang on late into the spring and start
up again fairly early in the fall. i much
prefer where i am now, we get enough of a
winter and that is good enough for me.

we go back to visit once every few years for
a few days as we are both fans of beach rock
picking and i like to see what is new in the
town and the campus (Michigan Technological
University).

songbird