Old 26-09-2013, 01:57 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Baz[_3_] Baz[_3_] is offline

Default Stealing and vandalism on our allotment site

Broadback wrote in
:

On 26/09/2013 13:17, Martin wrote:
On Thu, 26 Sep 2013 11:42:54 GMT, Baz wrote:

Janet wrote in news:MPG.2cae240a90ab0b30989be3
@news.individual.net:

In article ,
says...

take the law in our hands.
A bit of a clice that the law uses it's power to discriminate
against drivers, because it is easy. Instead of catching violent
criminals.

Or maybe it's because drivers kill maim and injure far more
people
than allotment vandals do.

Janet

I have never killed maimed or injured anyone and I am a driver.
I don't know anyone who has.

I do.

My property should be protected by the law. As my area police
charter insists.

My advice to you is to read the police charter for your area.

"Maybe" is not enough of an excuse to dismiss the police obligation
to uphold the law.

We don't have any local police. The police station was closed long
ago. It's interesting that it hasn't made any noticeable difference
to crime.

Sadly the police seem to administer the law these days,not just uphold
it. They decide when to take action, not automatically when a law is
broken.

Yes, and that police action, or lack of it, can be seen as
discrimination.
I know that in my area that whether you are black or white, young or old,
gay or hetrosexual, disabled or enabled, you are, or should be, entitled
to the protection of the law.
The police in real life seem to persecute those who perhaps need their
guidance.

Baz