Old 26-09-2013, 04:39 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Stealing and vandalism on our allotment site

On Thu, 26 Sep 2013 14:17:32 +0200, Martin wrote:

We don't have any local police. The police station was closed long
ago.

Snap. Our Police cover provided by a team of eight but that includes
an Inspector, Sergeant and a PCSO. The Inspector covers other areas
not just us. That number is barely enough to have at least one
officer on patrol 24/7. They are also based about 20 miles away and
have a patch of several hundred square miles to cover...

It's interesting that it hasn't made any noticeable difference to
crime.

Locally there has been a spate of breakins 3 or 4 in the last couple
of months. Normal rate is 2 or 3 a year...

--
Cheers
Dave.