Old 26-09-2013, 08:07 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Keeping cats out of garden

"Baz" wrote in message
"Christina Websell" wrote in
:

"Baz" wrote in message

Yes, but they foul in someone elses garden. Burying it makes it 100
times worse. There are no cat shit detectors. You only know it when
it's disgusting odour is on your hand or your tool (no remarks
please).

so what's your idea?

Baz

My idea is to change the law. I have been actively lobbying the government
for a long time now. Deaf ears. So it seems the cat louts/owners have won.
They can shit all over my garden and there is nothing legaly that I can do
about it.
Is this OK for you?

Baz

the fact remains that it is recognised in law that you are able to train and
control a dog and are responsible for what it does, but not a cat.
I do recognise that they can be a nuisance to gardeners, but also that
anyone is as much entitled to have a cat as to garden and long may it be so.
Or where will it end?

Your dog barks a few times, it annoys your neighbours. You have an aviary
of budgies that chirp annoyingly but it's your interest and you show them.
Should that all be banned?