Old 27-09-2013, 12:02 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Baz[_3_] Baz[_3_] is offline

Default Keeping cats out of garden

"Christina Websell" wrote in
:

"Baz" wrote in message
"Christina Websell" wrote in
:

"Baz" wrote in message

Yes, but they foul in someone elses garden. Burying it makes it 100
times worse. There are no cat shit detectors. You only know it when
it's disgusting odour is on your hand or your tool (no remarks
please).

so what's your idea?

Baz

My idea is to change the law. I have been actively lobbying the
government for a long time now. Deaf ears. So it seems the cat
louts/owners have won. They can shit all over my garden and there is
nothing legaly that I can do about it.
Is this OK for you?

Baz

the fact remains that it is recognised in law that you are able to
train and control a dog and are responsible for what it does, but not
a cat. I do recognise that they can be a nuisance to gardeners, but
also that anyone is as much entitled to have a cat as to garden and
long may it be so. Or where will it end?

Your dog barks a few times, it annoys your neighbours. You have an
aviary of budgies that chirp annoyingly but it's your interest and you
show them. Should that all be banned?

It is already illegal to noise pollute. Dogs, budgies, cockerals, car
alarms, home alarms, hi-fi, people partying. In fact any noise nuisance
is banned.
There was a chap locally a couple of years ago who used to strike up his
very loud motorbike every morning at 5:30am to go to work. I could hear
it and I must live 500metres away. It didn't bother me much because I
would be getting up about 6:00am anyway. His immediate neighbours however
were very bothered. The chap was warned several times, caught in the act,
but one morning he ran out of luck. The council came with the police and
a truck to take the bike away. He didn't have his bike confiscated, but
we never heard that bike at 5:30am again.

Baz