Old 29-09-2013, 10:41 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Bob Hobden Bob Hobden is offline

Default No SW RHS shows?

"Sacha" wrote

I wonder why the RHS doesn't hold a regular annual show in the SW. I think
the nearest to us is in Cardiff. But for some reason, I can't get onto
their site to check that, atm. They did a sort of one-off at one of the
hotels in Torquay about 5 years ago but nothing since that I'm aware of.
You'd think with Rosemoor down here there'd be some incentive, along with a
big tourism industry, too.

But once you have been to one you have been to them all. The same people
exhibit and year after year, the same plants usually too, the show gardens
are just that and invariably unrealistic in the extreme and certainly boring
for a plants person, the food is dire and expensive, the pushing and shoving
to see anything dreadful, the knowitalls who know nothing are always loud.
Why would you want a show in the SW?
Ps. Rosemoor is just too small anyway.
--
Regards. Bob Hobden.