Old 01-10-2013, 07:41 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Peter James[_6_] Peter James[_6_] is offline

Default Crane flies

Jeff Layman wrote:

An absolute plague of them this year. I don't have too much concern
what the leatherjackets might do to the lawn, but does anyone have any
experience of leatherjacket damage in borders or pots?

I have noticed flocks of rooks on the golf course hunting crane fly
larvae I assume. The Green Staff spray the greens to stop damage from
birds hunting the grubs, but on the fairways I see flocks of rooks
digging away like mad. And always at this time of year.
You could almost set your watch by them.

Peter

--
-
The e-mail address obviously doesn't exist. If it's essential