Old 02-10-2013, 09:30 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default OT beds

On 02/10/13 08:22, stuart noble wrote:
On 02/10/2013 00:03, Tom Gardner wrote:
On 01/10/13 21:08, Janet wrote:
Given the huge negative effect a bad back and poor sleep has on all
aspects of life and mental and physical health, I'd say spending £2100
to improve them is a good investment.

I tend to agree.

OTOH, spending £2100 and finding no improvement would
be somewhat of a disappointment.

I'd suggest spending £100 or so on a simple piece of
memory foam to see if there's an improvement - there
was for my daughter. If there is, then it might be
useful to spend the other £2000 - it wouldn't be for
my daughter.

In this case more than most, YMMV.

One wonders what the "other" £2K covers then

I can imagine that there might be research overheads, warehouse
overheads, stocking overheads, returned items, salesroom overheads
sales staff to watch people trying things out for 60 mins,
personal consultations and advice.

And all that probably /does/ make it worth £2k worth
/if/ it enables you to get a better night sleep.

Whatever is done, you'll pay to gain experience.

Maybe £100 would be a useful way of finding out the
questions (and answers) that are most relevant to each
person's case.

(BTW, after lying on each, my daughter opted for a 7cm
thick memory foam topper, not 5cm. Other cheaper toppers
seen were, IIRC, 1cm memory foam on 5cm ordinary foam,
which she didn't like)

But, YMMV, and those are /not/ recommendations!