Old 02-10-2013, 04:10 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
S.Rodgers S.Rodgers is offline

Default Source of microgreens seeds?

On Tue, 17 Sep 2013 00:43:27 -0400, songbird
wrote:

S.Rodgers wrote:
Thanks, another great resource. I'm still seeing the same trend,
though. It's still shockingly expensive. But what was I to expect, I
guess ...

My local go-to place for all things gardening (despite being an
apartment-dweller) does sell small bulk amounts, too, but they're not
organic. And organic becomes an issue esp. the smaller the size of
the resulting produce. So I daren't go that route.

ah, well yes, that's going to increase any
price unless you happen to know someone who
will grow them for you.

where are you located? might want to try
a wanted advertisement on craigslist...

Well, thanks everyone. I have a lot to think about. Interesting
tangent on political and other issues, too. That was fun g.

I'll report back if I find a viable, cost-effective solution.

if you like turnip greens check the local
grain elevators as some will carry them by
the lb for a few dollars. they will not be
rated food safe for eating directly (the seeds)
but they should sprout just fine for greens
(not likely to be organic source, but you can
always ask).

they may have other seeds or be able to source
them for you if you ask nicely.

songbird

Thanks, songbird. Too bad I live in such an urban area. But any tips
appreciated. I can start asking around.