Old 02-10-2013, 08:50 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
David Hill David Hill is offline

Default OT beds

Ah go on - you'd look lovely dressed in mint and rosemary! ;-) But
seriously, it really is worth anyone getting very best mattress they can
afford even "at our ages". Even with a bad back, a very firm mattress
nearly kills me because all my joints stiffen up, others find it's just
what they need. If we were ever going to buy again, I'd opt for two
zipped together mattresses, because when we sleep on those in hotels, we
find we do sleep better as one doesn't disturb the other turning over or
getting up. No idea if you can do that with foam mattresses, though. I
think Janet's suggestion that you opt for a few nights in a hotel that
uses them, is the best one. You get a short break and a trial run all
in one go!

Yes but at around £70 a night ?

As a PS - could save you a lot and give you direct info, perhaps? But
the other best option is to get the topper and if you think that works,
splash out on the mattress, do you think? Complete non sequitor but the
best not-at-home bed we ever slept in was in NZ and it was a Paradise
mattress made in China. It was so deliciously comfortable I asked the s
Lodge owner for the name of the maker.

After talking to 4 different firms about Mattresses and getting
different info and opinions from each I had the feeling that they didn't
really have any real idea about their subject, one was even just reading
from their website, and badly at that.
I decided to get in touch with one of the manufactures flexcell
http://www.flexcell.co.uk/index.html
I had about a 15 minute chat to one of their people and he was very good
and certainly knew his subject.
His advice was not to go for memory foam but instead to have latex foam
as it shapes to you as you move where as memory foam is slower to react,
it (memory foam) holds the shape that is impressed into it for a few
minutes, hence it's name, also latex isn't as hot to the body.
His advice was to avoid the combination spring and foam mattresses as
they are very heavy to move around and not as good in the long run as
just foam.
His first choice was the top of the range which they can alter the core
filling to suit the weight of the buyer at no extra cost, might be the
one for you Sacha The Opurest mattress
His second choice was mid range.
I haven't ordered yet as I am still looking.
David