Old 03-10-2013, 10:27 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha[_11_] Sacha[_11_] is offline

Default Weather differences

Every month someone living locally publishes a weather report in the
Parish News. He contrasts the current year with the previous year.
August 2012 showed159mm. This August showed 31mm. The 8 year average
for August is 2.8" or 71mm. He also gives average wind speeds,
highest wind speed, mean tempeeratures and lowest temperatures, days
with some ray of0.2 or more and Solar output. Now that autumn is here
he is adding heating degree days as "a measure of heating effort to
keep your house at a constant temperature of 18.3C under the prevailing
weather conditions." I must say I admire the dedication that goes into
producing these figures for us every month.
--

Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.com